AMS 700™ Inflatable Penile Prosthesis
Our most popular inflatable prosthesis line offers a combination of features focused on both surgeon and patient satisfaction. It’s available with or without pre-connected cylinders and pump, for either an infrapubic or penoscrotal approach.
There are three variations available in the AMS 700TM Inflatable Penile Prosthesis line:
● AMS 700TM Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (LGX): Cylinders designed to optimize Length and Girth eXpansion with up to 20% elongation possible, depending on patient’s anatomy¹
● AMS 700TM Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (CX): Controlled eXpansion cylinders optimize girth and offer additional length options
● AMS 700TM Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (CXR): All the benefits of an IPP including girth expansion, for patients that require smaller cylinders (e.g., those with scarred or sclerotic corpora)¹
Features + Benefits
Conceal™ Low Profile Reservoir
- Parylene coated to enhance reservoir durability2
- Optimizes fit to offer a sleek, flexible solution
Cylinder and Rear Tip Extender (RTE) Design
- Reduced proximal profile designed to ease placement into proximal corpora even in difficult to dilate cases3
- Snap-Fit™ RTEs optimize fit and provide a secure, rigid connection2
- Broad range of RTE lengths provide custom fit for patients (available in 0.5 cm increments, ranging from 0.5-7.5 cm)
MS (Momentary Squeeze) Pump
- One-touch button designed for easy deflation2
- Lock-out valve designed to resist auto inflation2
InhibiZone™ Antibiotic Treatment
- Only antibiotic impregnated inflatable penile prosthesis on the market3
- Creates a zone of inhibition effective against the bacteria commonly associated with inflatable penile prosthesis infections4
- The only inflatable penile prosthesis with clinical evidence showing a significant reduction in the rate of revision due to infection3
With our Healthcare Professional Resource Center, we've made it easier than ever to access technical, surgical and patient education material whenever, and wherever, you are. To get started, simply click Learn More below to find the product or disease state you would like to review.
* This material is graphic and intended for viewing only by healthcare professionals.Learn More
In one study of 200 patients and 120 partners, the overall patient and partner satisfaction rate for the AMS 700TM Inflatable Penile Prosthesis was 92% and 96% respectively. 50% described their erections as satisfactory, and 48% reported excellent erections. 75% of patients reported no change in their orgasm, with 20% reporting better orgasms.¹
The AMS 700TM Series Inflatable Penile Prosthesis is intended for use in the treatment of chronic, organic, male erectile dysfunction (impotence). These devices are contraindicated in patients who have active urogenital infections or active skin infections in the region of surgery (or for the AMS 700TM with InhibiZoneTM have a known sensitivity or allergy to rifampin, minocycline, or other tetracyclines).
Implantation will make latent natural or spontaneous erections, as well as other interventional treatment options, impossible. Men with diabetes, spinal cord injuries, or open sores may have an increased risk of infection. Failure to evaluate and treat device erosion may result in infection and loss of tissue. Implantation may result in penile shortening, curvature, or scarring.
Possible adverse events include, but are not limited to, urogenital pain (usually associated with healing), urogenital edema, urogenital ecchymosis, urogenital erythema, reservoir encapsulation, patient dissatisfaction, auto-inflation, mechanical malfunction, and impaired urination.
Prior to using these devices, please review the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and potential adverse events.
Healthcare Professional Resource Center
To help you and your patients optimize your experience with AMS products,
we provide many helpful tools.
Instructions for Use
Here you’ll find a listing of indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and potential adverse events, as well as additional product specific labeling.View Instructions for Use
1. F. Montorsi, et al. AMS Three-Piece Inflatable Implants for Erectile Dysfunction: A Long-Term Multi-Institution Study in 200 Consecutive Patients: Eur Urol. 2000; 37: 50-55.
2. Data on file at AMS
3. FDA/PDP D970012-S065
4. AMS 700™ with MS Pump™ Penile Prosthesis Product Line Instructions for Use. American Medical Systems. 2013.