InVanceTM Male Sling System
The InVanceTM Male Sling System from AMS is an innovative, safe and effective surgical solution for mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence in men resulting from prostatectomy. A "sling" made of synthetic mesh is placed completely inside your body. The sling places pressure on the urethra, reducing the possibility of urine leakage and providing simple, discreet urinary control. There is nothing for you to manipulate or operate—it works on its own.
Most patients are continent immediately following the procedure and can resume normal, non-strenuous activities within a few days.
The InVance system offers many benefits to men suffering from urinary incontinence:
- Outpatient surgery
- May be performed under spinal or general anesthesia
- Single, small incision in the perineum only
- Recovery is often rapid
- Often no catheter necessary upon discharge
- No patient activation required
- Immediate improvement
- Restored dignity and quality of life