GreenLight™ Laser Therapy is a minimally invasive treatment option that combines the effectiveness of the traditional surgical procedure known as transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) with fewer side effects. 1 The GreenLight laser system delivers the ultimate BPH solution - free from urinary symptoms, free from compromise, free to go!
GreenLight is suitable for most patients with an enlarged prostate. With nearly 500,000 procedures performed worldwide, the GreenLight procedure is creating a new standard of care — a standard that offers freedom from enlarged prostate symptoms .
Most patients return home a few short hours after the GreenLight procedure and can return to normal, non-strenuous activities within days.
Advantages of the GreenLight Laser Therapy treatment may include:
- Rapid urine flow improvement 1
- Quick return to normal activities 2
- Virtually bloodless procedure 3, 4
- Less than 1% reported cases of erectile dysfunction 5
- Less than 24 hours of catheterization in most cases 3, 4
- Outpatient procedure in otherwise healthy patients 2
- Long-lasting symptom relief 3
1. Malek RS, Kuntzman RS, Barrett DM. High power potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser vaporization prostatectomy. J Urol. 2000 Jun;163(6):1730-3.
2. Malek RS, Kuntzman RS, Barrett DM.Photoselective potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser vaporization of the benign obstructive prostate: observations on long-term outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 1):1344-8.
3. Malek RS, Barrett DM, Kuntzman RS. High-power potassium-titanyl-phosphate (KTP/532) laser vaporization prostatectomy: 24 hours later. Urology. 1998 Feb;51(2):254-6.
4. Yakupoglu YK, Donmezer S, Mestci B, Saglam R, Simsek US. Successful treatment of BPH over 100 ml with KTP laser. J Urol 2006 May;175(4 suppl.):463 abstract 1522.
5. Sarica K, Alkan E, Luleci H, Tasci AI. Photoselective vaporization of the enlarged prostate with KTP laser: long-term results in 240 patients. J Endourol. 2005 Dec;19(10):1199-202.