Penile Implants—The Satisfying Solution
AMS has been a leading innovator in the field of erectile restoration for over three decades. Today we offer the broadest line of penile implant options in the industry. From simple malleable implants to the most advanced three-piece inflatable devices, AMS sets the standard for innovation and ease of use.
Every AMS penile implant is engineered to provide a satisfying solution to erectile dysfunction (ED). More than 300,000 men have received an AMS implant and studies show that over 90 percent are happy with the device.1,2,3,4.
1. Rajpurkar A, Dhabuwala CB. Comparison of satisfaction rates and erectile function in patients treated with sildenafil, intracavernous prostaglandin E1 and penile implant surgery for erectile dysfunction in urology practice. J Urol Jul 2003 v.170(1)p.159-63.
2. Kearse WS Jr, Sago AL, Peretsman SJ, Bolton JO, Holcomb RG, Reddy PK,
Bernhard PH, Eppel SM, Lewis JH, Gladshteyn M. Report of a multicenter clinical evaluation of the Dura-II penile prosthesis. J Urol May 1996 v. 155(5) p.1613-6.
3. Levine LA, Estrada CR, Morgentaler A. Mechanical reliability and safety of, and patient satisfaction with the Ambicor inflatable penile prosthesis: results of a 2 center study. J Urol Sep 2001 Sep v. 166(3)p.932-7.
4. Montorsi F, Rigatti P, Carmignani G, Corbu C, Campo B, Ordesi G, Breda G, Silvestre P, Giammusso B, Morgia G, Graziottin A. AMS three-piece inflatable implants for erectile dysfunction: a long-term multi-institutional study in 200 consecutive patients. Eur Urol Jan 2000 Jan v. 37(1)p. 50-5.
Benefits of a Penile Implant
Risks of a Penile Implant
- Can help you return to an active, satisfying sex life
- Offers a permanent, long-term solution to ED
- Provides the ability to have an erection anytime you choose
- Allows for greater spontaneity—have sex when the mood strikes
- Enables you to maintain an erection as long as you desire
- Eliminates the need for costly pills or shots
- Does not interfere with ejaculation or orgasm
There are several types of penile implants available from AMS. Use the links at the left to learn more, and talk to your doctor about which one may be right for you.
- Requires surgery and healing period
- Eliminates the possibility of return of natural erections
- May require repeat surgery due to infections, erosions or mechanical problems with the device