AMS 700™ Inflatable Penile Implant
This implant puts you back in control of your erectile function. Once activated, the device allows you to maintain an erection for as long as you want. It was designed to feel natural and can be activated spontaneously, so you and your partner can have sex when the mood strikes.1
How It Works
The device consists of a pair of cylinders implanted in the penis, a pump implanted in the scrotum, and a fluid reservoir implanted in the lower abdomen. Squeezing and releasing the pump moves fluid to the cylinders, creating an erection. To deflate the device, press the deactivation button on the pump.
The implant procedure is typically done on an outpatient basis, with patients generally checking in the morning of the procedure and getting discharged within 24 hours.2 The surgery is performed under anesthesia. Your urologist can tell you more about the surgical procedure.
Every patient’s experience is different, and you should talk to your urologist about what to expect. You may experience pain and soreness at the surgical site. Typically, it takes a few days to return to a regular daily routine of light activity. The full healing time before using your device is usually about 6 weeks. As with any medical procedure, complications can occur. Side effects include, but are not limited to:3
- Natural or spontaneous erections as well as other interventional treatment options will become impossible
- Infection, in which case the implant may have to be removed
- Penis may become shorter, curved, or scarred
- Pain (typically associated with the healing process)
- Mechanical failure of the implant
Connect with a Specialist
Could an AMS treatment option restore your self-confidence and change your life? To find out, start by choosing a specialist to help you through the process.Find a Specialist
Prepare for Treatment
Life After Your Procedure
Treatment doesn't end with the procedure. We want you to have the best possible outcome, so we offer post-surgery materials to help you through your recovery. Come here for answers to your questions.
1. AMS 700™ Penile Prosthesis Product Line Instructions for Use. American Medical Systems. 2012.
2. AMS 700™ Penile Prosthesis Operating Room Manual. American Medical Systems. 2012.
3. AMS 700™ Patient Manual. Information and Instructions for Patients Considering an Inflatable Penile Prosthesis. American Medical Systems. 2012.